Thursday 6 December 2012

The Biker Pastor online

It's the usual sort of thing; something that seems a good idea at the time, never tried before, but now pursuaded that blogging is something that has to be tried. It's not even that I believe that I owe it to the world to put anything down for them to follow, but I am an evangelical pastor with a couple of bikes and I have sought to recently bring the two passions of my life together into some sort of ministry.

That's not to say that it was ever my intention to do so. When I took up biking again after a period of some 15 years of absence I never intended for it to become a part of my ministry, but it was in the Lord's plan to lead me to a church that was over the road to a pub that hosted a bike club, that also happened to put on a bike show once a year, how could I not be involved?

More than that, how could I not be involved when I try to encourage the church members to be involved in anything (fitting to the gospel) that builds bridges into the community?

So, not only am I a pastor with two bikes, but I also now have a website (www.biblebikes.com), I have a customisation project on the go, simply to meet with bikers where they are so that in time they might meet me where I am so that I might share the gospel, the good news of Jesus as Saviour, with them.

I don't know if this blog is of any value at all, but come back and see how it develops.

The Biker Pastor


No comments:

Post a Comment